Bird Migration Project
Friday 9th April 2010
A PLANNED new arts and heritage project in and around Pateley
Bridge during 2010 is to have birds as its focus.
Called Migration, the proposed scheme would see the creatures
represented in paintings, prints and textile installations, with
themes including conservation, beauty and their importance to life
During the year, the project would give arts and heritage
organisations on the Old Workhouse site the opportunity to join
forces with the Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Beauty, local bird
enthusiasts and local schools.
Proposed events for the 'Migration' project include:
- Migration series of paintings and drawings by Isabel Rawsthorne
at Number 3 the Old Workhouse to December 15.
- An installation on the theme of migration and conservation by
installation artist Sue Harrison at Number 3 the Old Workhouse from
June 12 to October 1.
- An invited exhibition of prints on 'Migration' theme at number
6 studio gallery at the 2010 the Old Workhouse Christmas Spark
- The Swift conservation project and walks, talks and surveys led
by the Nidderdale AONB.
- Three visual artists working at the Nidderdale Museum focusing
on the bird eggs and bird collections culminating with an
exhibition at number 6 studio gallery.
- Migration focus in various departments at Nidderdale High
School and Community College.
Currently on display at the Kings Street Workshops is the first
exhibition of six luminous 'Migrations' canvases the last series
painted by Isabel Lambert and the culmination of her 60-year
career. She died before they could be exhibited.