The planning authorities follow policies designed to protect the AONB's landscape. They consult the AONB Joint Advisory Committee on applications for planning permission that would be likely to have a significant impact on Nidderdale AONB's environment.
The AONB’s Joint Advisory Committee comments on around 150 planning applications a year where members think they can add value to decisions being made about an application. This includes applications which are for large scale developments, or small scale developments which will have a significant impact on the landscape such as the conversion of traditional vernacular buildings for equestrian or residential use, or developments which are in open countryside outside towns and villages.
You can read the AONB’s responses to planning consultations from the past three months below:
- 17/02207/FUL - Change of use of agricultural land to form camping site to include erection of 4 camping pods and entry gate, formation of hardstanding, pickup/drop off area for vehicles, paths within site, binstore. Askwith
- 17/02580/FUL - Erection of agricultural storage building. Blazefield
- 17/02915/FUL - Erection of agricultural building (Revised scheme). Bouthwaite
- 17/02864/PNT56 - Installation of 1no 14.9m monopole with 3no antennas and 2no 300mm diameter dishes. The installation of 2no equipment cabinets, 1no meter cabinet at ground level and ancillary development thereto. Summerbridge
- 17/00331/OUT - Outline application for the erection of three dwellings with live/work units with access, appearance and layout considered. Laverton
- 17/03084/FUL - Erection of lambing shed and hay store. Norwood
- 17/02440/OUT - Outline application for petting farm with erection of cafe, widening of existing access, formation of outdoor seating area, childrens play area and car park with access, layout and scale considered. Kettlesing
- 17/02417/FUL - Conversion of an existing barn to create 1 no. dwelling house with formation of boundary wall, access and Landscaping. Timble